Welcome to USA visahub.com as We are Immigration Law Firm

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

Do I become an undocumented if the waiting period of 240 days passed after renewal of my H1-B?

Question: I received the filing receipt after the renewal request for my working visa was accepted, and I heard that When I get the filing receipt, I may stay 240 more days. What should I do if the renewal process takes more than 240 days.

Answer: For a renewal, You may stay for 240 days based on the 240-days rule.

However, when the renewal process is delayed for more than 240 days, you are just allowed to lawfully stay. You cannot continue working after the 240 days, and will therefore not go out of status because of a delay at the immigration office. There is an option to apply for premium service and receive results expeditiously within 2 weeks.

Leave Comments