Welcome to USA visahub.com as We are Immigration Law Firm

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

 I’m on a E-1, E-2, E-3, H-1B, H-1B1, L-1, O-1, and TN and got laid off – what can I do?

You have a 60 day grace period before you have to depart.

You have a couple of options, and you MUST pick one before the end of the grace period:

  • Depart the United States
  • For most work visas (except L-1), you can find a new job and have your employer file an I-129. You cannot start work until it is approved (3-10 months), unless you’re on the H-1B.
  • Apply for adjustment of status (if eligible) through marriage or work.
  • Apply for a change of status to B with form I-539. Once approved, you can change back to a work visa status again with the I-129.
  • Apply for a change of status to F for a course of study.

Leave Comments