Welcome to USA visahub.com as We are Immigration Law Firm

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

My permanent residence is in progress. Would I have to apply separately for a social security number?

You would have to apply for a social security number separately at the Social Security Office after your EAD card is issued. It takes approximately 2 weeks to process.
The required documents for your social security number are your labor certification and passport. Please refer to the link below.

We encourage you search for the corresponding Social Security Office nearest to your home address, and leave early in the morning in advance to minimize wasting your time.

For New York, Queens, it is located in Jamaica.

  1. Click on the link below to register.


  1. Fill out form SS-5. Below SS-5 is the application form. You can fill it out in advance and print it.


Queens –

155-10 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11432

Brooklyn Office –

625 Fulton Street, Sixth Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Manhattan Office –

26 Federal Plaza
New York, NY 10278

Leave Comments