Necessary Documents for O-1 visa
You must gather the necessary documents for your O1 visa application in the time between scheduling the interview and the actual date of the appointment. You will need to submit your passport, the visa fee receipt, your employment contract, the notice of decision by the USCIS, proof of your extraordinary abilities in your field, etc.
When applying for an O1 visa, you will need to collect the following documents:
- A written consultation from someone with expertise on your field. It can be a peer group or a labor/management organization, as relevant to your area of expertise.
- A copy of the written work contract. The contract must include a summary of the agreement under which you will be employed.
- A document explaining the activities and events you will participate in. It must include the nature, start and end dates, as well as an itinerary of these activities/events.
- Proof of your extraordinary abilities or achievements. For example, proof you have received an award, published articles relevant to your field, contributed original research to your field, you are a member of a highly distinguished association or organization or have been paid a high salary for your skills and contribution, etc.
Additionally, when you appear at the American Embassy for your appointment and interview, you should have the following documents with you:
- Your passport. It must be valid at the time of application and six months after you intend to depart the United States.
- The DS-160 Form Confirmation Page.
- The interview Appointment Letter
- A picture of yourself which is in line with the requirements set by the US Department of State.
- The I-797 Approval Notice from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Poof you have paid the Machine Readable Visa (MRC) fee.